Wednesday, September 23, 2015

#WRITING WEDNESDAYS means RUNNING FOR TEAM LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA


I've gotten SO MUCH DONE this week!

1) Finished proofing the Advanced Reader Copy for Dead Girl Running, along with developing a glossary of anatomy/running/yoga terms (without taking any of them too seriously), revising my author bio, and organizing every dang thing related to that book.


2) Sent out 37 (feels like 137, but it's not) "begging" letters for my Leukemia & Lymphoma fundraiser. I even suffered bodily harm, in the form of a paper cut on my lip from licking the dastardly envelopes. If I die soon, it will be just like in Seinfelt, when she overdoses on envelope glue ingestion. Ugh.

(friends and family, you've been warned--the following is coming to a mailbox near you)

Dear friends and family,

Three years ago, together we raised $2,283.48 to help the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society discover better treatments for blood cancer patients. I'm back asking you to honor my father's memory by donating again to this worthy cause.

My father, Jerry Anderson, died from complications of chronic lymphocytic leukemia on October 10th, 2009. He was first diagnosed in 1994, but felt normal for years. Once his blood cancer progressed, he became anemic and weak, requiring blood transfusions every two weeks just to stay alive. He only felt an energy boost from this procedure for one or two days, before he again felt cold no matter how many layers of clothes he put on. Near the end, just the effort of bending down to tie his shoes winded him.

This time, I'm running the Surf the Murf 50k ultra marathon, held in Savage, MN on October 24th, 2015. In addition, I'm publishing another book, entitled Dead Girl Running, with plans to donate 25% of the profits to this worthy cause.

Your donation will help fund treatments to discover cures and ensure access to treatments for blood cancer patients. Patients need these cures and they need your support.


You can donate on my webpage: http://pages.teamintraining.org/mn/yourway16/anoser

As a reward for reading to the end, here's LOVELY picture from my trail marathon on the Superior Trail in Northern MN.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Ann! I hope you get some donations. It's a good letter, and that's awesome that you're donating 25% to the cause. I still LOVE this cover and I can't wait to read the book. Good job finishing the proofing work on the arc! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Because of my father, of course, it's an important cause for me.

      Delete